Personal travel arrangements
What to expect in Mongolia
The most important preparation for a trip to Mongolia is a mental adjustment to a journey without a rigid program. What you are to experience in Mongolia is determined by the laws of nature and the cultural adaptation of the nomadic Mongols to these primal forces. You have to switch off and trust the skills of the Mongolian driver, guide and the local people. Then you will not be disappointed.
You should have a certain physical condition and be prepared to enjoy a nature at its full force. Since most tour activities involve hiking long stretches, drive through off road tracks, riding horse or camel and mountain climbing.
In addition be aware that there are no newspapers, telephone, internet, wifi or even electricity at some provincial towns, so be ready to be disconnected.
As personal equipment, we recommend you to bring along:
- Suitable clothing for warm and cold weather conditions;
- Rain, wind and cold weather protection gears;
- Appropriate footwear from short to long hiking and climbing activities;
- And some personal aid kits such as mosquito repellent in watery areas, personal remedies, blister care for long hikes and etc.;
- Photo camera to capture your ultimate Mongolian experience moments with spare battery;
- Other items including: flashlight, pocket knife, binoculars, towels, toilet paper packed up.
- Also in addition some emergency supplies according to your personal needs. Sensitive items recommended to be carried in water proof or sand proof bags, especially for desert trips. Overall, your clothes should be versatile, but not extensive.
Since all our tours cover full boarding and all costs such as entry fees for nature reserves and parks, as well as local museum entrance fees, you will only need some cash for personal expenses such as souvenir purchase and drinks. For the most part of the tour Mongolian Tugrik bills are recommended, however Euros or US dollars are accepted in some places. In the Ulaanbaatar city most places accept credit cards.
Here are some overall tips that will help you have a safe and pleasant experience:
● When visiting the country, and just like in every other city in the world you must look after your bags and suitcases to avoid theft and have a safe experience.
● Carry copies of all your important documents including your passport.
● Avoid walking alone at night on the outskirts of towns.
● Always carry a map with you and the address of the place you’re staying at.
● If you travel to places away from cities, carry a first-aid kit with you and the names of the medication you may need, in English.
For more information refer to Internet. There are many useful web pages containing extensive information on Mongolia. However we are pleased to answer all your inquiries and emerging questions.